Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mid-Century Mod Metal Mesh Magazine Table

There are many different varieties of mid-century metal mesh tables, shelves, and magazine racks and they are relatively inexpensive to pick up at estate or yard sales. I picked up this table with a magazine shelf at a yard sale for a couple of bucks. It was rusty and in need of a face lift but that would be no problem at all.




Have I mentioned that I love spray-paint? 
It is the quickest, easiest way to accomplish a furniture re-do! 


These metal mesh items are super easy to spray paint. I brushed off the dust and cobwebs, used a metal scrub brush to remove the rust, wiped it down and got to spray painting!

I am particularly fond of RustOleum Ultra Cover 2X spray paint. It really does a great job. You can buy cheaper paint but you really get what you pay for and this stuff is well worth it. 


I like to do a couple of light coats to avoid drips. I'm just as impatient the next guy so using the RustOleum Ultra Cover 2X is a great choice because it is fast drying. 

 Here is the transformation! 

This was a quick afternoon project. 
It reminded me just how much I love spray paint.
Oh, and instant gratification - I love that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment