Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulet !!!

Happy Mardi Gras! 


Yes, it's Fat Tuesday and that means it is the last chance to "Let the Good Times Roll" before the austere season of Lent. 


Unless you've been under a rock your entire life, you know that this day is THE big day in The Big Easy, The Crescent City, NOLA, or just plain Nawlins'. 


If you've ever had the pleasure of cafe au lait and beignets at Cafe Du Monde or a colorful King Cake from Gambino's Bakery you are lucky. If you happen to be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras right now, you're more than lucky!


But if, like me, you're stuck at home in the cold of winter instead of down in Louisiana, why not bring a little Mardi Gras into your home? Purple, green and gold, the colors of Mardi Gras, are plentiful and easy to put together for great decorations to bring the Big Easy to your home. How about a festive wreath? Check out http://blog.mardigrasoutlet.com/2011/02/mardi-gras-wreath-ideas-one-wreath.html for a great tutorial. They also have other ideas for centerpieces and great recipes for a Mardi Gras festivity. 


How about repurposing a Christmas tree for a table scape? That's what I've done! Here's a look. 
After Christmas, I purchased this little 2 foot purple tree at 50% off ( 9 bucks) and I picked up a bunch of glittery purple, green and gold items. 


I gathered my glass balls of the right colors before I put all the Xmas stuff away and I used some cheap plastic Mardi Gras Beads along with my prized Krewe of Aquila necklace as garland. A plastic Crown surrounds the base of the tree and we are ready! 







Now all we need is America's first cocktail, born in New Orleans, the Sazerac, and we're ready to Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulet !!! 


Who Dat?


No comments:

Post a Comment