Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lane ® Acclaim 2 Tier Table

As I've mentioned before, I have a passion for mid-century modern furniture, specifically, Lane ® Acclaim Tables. The Acclaim series of furniture from the 1960's was made in Altavista, Virginia. Its dove tail detail is timeless and the two-tier end tables are automatically associated with mid-century design. 

Here's the journey of reclaiming one I found!
I started by using a lift off varnish remover to get back to the raw wood. 
I painted on the varnish remover and let it sit as directed.
I used a plastic drywall knife to scrape the varnish remover off.
After all the varnish remover was taken off, I used OOOO steel wool to smooth the surface.
Next, I added the stain. I used a Min-wax cherry stain.
 Finally, I applied a satin finish paste wax.
The results are just beautiful, don't you think? 

Once again, a Lane ® Acclaim table back to its original beauty!


Lane ® is a registered trademark of The Lane Company, Inc., Altavista, VA, USA.                                         This post has not been authorized or endorsed by The Lane Company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment