Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lane Acclaim Surfboard Table




Here are the pictures I promised of my refinished Lane surfboard table! Wish I had that "before picture to illustrate what it looked like. Now its a beauty and I am so proud of it! 


Take a look at that dovetail detail! 
Once you've looked at this, you will always be able to spot the Lane Acclaim series of furniture.


Here is the table in the closed position.


Here is how the table swings out.



 Look at the pretty, pretty grain! Love it!


 Swinging it out...


Morale to the story: Don't let a little refinishing stand between you and a diamond in the rough!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dee ! I just know set up a blogger account so that I could talk with you. Your Lane table is beautiful ! Yesterday, I found a Lane coffee and end table that I want to refinish. I have spent hrs today looking at "How To's", and yours is the most beautiful. Could you help me by giving me details of exactly what you did...what products you used, etc. This is my first post ever to anyone, so I hope it gets to you thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I used a citrus stripper and lots of steel wool. Be very careful with sanding as you can damage the table. I used minwax stain - for my color I used both cherry and mahogany alternating them until I got the depth of color I wanted to match my other furniture. Then I used water based polyurethane because in our home lots of stuff gets put on the tables and I wanted them protected! I used satin finish because it looks more like the type of finish originally on the table. I got all these products at Home Depot but I'm sure you can find them at any hardware store or even walmart. I refinish a lot of furniture for my home and I do it in the way that suits me. Any antique dealer would tell you that you are ruining the value of the piece but I don't live in a museum, I live in a home where we use our furniture! Hope that helps! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Dee! ( this may be my 3rd "thank you" to you....Sorry if it is. I didn't know I had to sign in to my acct to respond.:/ I purchased all my supplies yesterday, and I am going to be starting my Lane tables project today. Yay!

    ReplyDelete